Monday, July 8, 2013

Eggless Sugar Cookie Recipe

Hi, everyone! I hope you're enjoying a good start to your week.
 I've had a productive day so far getting lots of 'little jobs' done.
Katie is in Kentucky right now visiting the Creation Museum with some friends from her youth group. She's called a couple of times to let us know she's OK and having a good time. The house sure is quiet when she's not around! Last week she had three friends stay over at different times. It definitely wasn't quiet then! She helped a couple of her friends dye their hair, and a few mornings we woke to find they had baked cookies after Lee and I had already went to bed. :-)
In my last post, I told you about the yummy cookies Katie and I made. Today I thought I'd share one of the recipes with you. One of the days Katie wanted to make some cookies,  we didn't have any eggs. So, we did a search online for some eggless cookie recipes, and this is one we found and tried. Another plus- there were so worries about salmonella, so we scraped the bowl clean! :-) Sorry there are no pictures, but I didn't think about it, and they were so good, they didn't last long! I have typed the recipe here, but I also linked it to its source.

~Eggless Sugar Cookies~

Ingredients:

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. milk
1 1/2 cups of flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350. Cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and milk. Beat.

In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the butter and sugar mixture and beat until mixed well.

You can either roll out the dough and make shapes, or roll it into balls like we did and put them on a couple of greased cookie sheets.

Bake about 8-10 minutes. We baked them until they were just barely done and soft.  I don't like them dry and crunchy, but if you do, just leave them in the oven a few more minutes.

These are some of the best sugar cookies I've ever eaten. They weren't icky sweet, and they had a smooth buttery taste to them. Enjoy!

Note- This will make about 20 cookies. I halved the recipe I found online which will make about 40.

Hope you have a great week, and thanks for stopping by!

Take care,
~Melanie